At GMW, both sheet and solid blanks are formed to produce simple swaged and bent parts. Our speciality is defined upset (thickened) areas both for thick-walled tubes as well as for solid material during the bending process.
Formed parts are usually further finished in additional production processes.
- Highly automated bending machines process solid and tubular material up to a diameter of 3 to12 mm.
- Simple bends to arc-in-arc bends (bend radius ratio of B = 1 x).
- Using robot handling, both upset and bent parts can be automatically passed on to further processes such as pressing a contact surface.
- Very tough material such as 1.4301 with a tensile strength of over 800 MPa can be processed.
- Air bending process for parts which have previously been machined into shape.